WaveMAX® is a very unique franchise opportunity
- Are you looking for that fantastic absentee business model?
- Extremely low employee count?
- A business that makes money when you are not around?
- Not interested in the fast food business?
- WaveMAX® is the franchise for you. We are looking for professionals that want to build a multi-unit franchise empire.
- WaveMAX® has developed a system to change the way laundry locations are perceived and operated.
The industry is made up of Mom and Pop operators who are taken advantage of by the washer and dryer Distributors whose sole purpose is to sell equipment to these non-business savvy operators. The industry has no brand, no business sophistication and massive turnover from operator to operator. Just drive around your city and tour the laundromats in your area. Generally they are not staffed, dirty and run down…we call them Zombie Mats!
WaveMAX® was created to address this situation!
Since 2012 WaveMAX® Laundry based in Jacksonville FL has focused its business model on developing the prototypical market & store that can scale and sustain a national chain of only laundromats. The Franchise Development is being led by Dennis Mulgannon who successfully built Home Care Assistance, Junk King & The Flying Locksmiths into National Franchise Brands.
The WaveMAX® Difference
- Clean, well maintained, and well lit
- Best equipment and amenities in the industry
- High efficiency washers and dryers
- Full-time attendants
- Wash, Dry, and Fold services
- Free Wi-Fi
The WaveMAX® Solution
- + Right Location
- + Right Size Store
- + Right Equipment Mix
- = Maximum Profits
Location, Location, Location.
We have developed our own proprietary approach to discerning the best possible real estate play for our locations.
- Comprehensive review of area demographics, including population density, renter mix, and income
- Best size store based on demographics
- Traffic and flow pattern assessment to ensure that our C+ real estate drives A+ returns
Layout and Store Design
…drives cleanliness, sense of security, and repeat business.
We use best Construction, Operational Practices & Green Initiatives in our WaveMAX® Laundromats
We will provide the proper store design and layout for each location. Don’t worry, we have done this before and know what you need.
Our store design sets us apart from the competition.
Industry Leading Equipment
The equipment we specify is one of the largest commercial laundry manufacturers in the world. We utilize their AWS feature which determines the use of the precise amount of water needed to wash the clothes.
We also use their Eco Power dryer line. As the clothes dry, Eco Power determines the “dryness” of the clothes thereby reducing the amount of gas utilized as the load moves through its drying cycle.
- Our store design optimizes usage of the space to generate the maximum possible revenue per square foot.
- Store security and anti-theft practices are implemented and we have best security and camera systems in the industry.
WE ARE ALIGNED WITH THE INDUSTRY LEADER FOR COMMERCIAL LAUNDRY EQUIPMENT!
Our relationship with Electrolux gives us an advantage no independent laundry can match.
- Preferred pricing on all equipment for all franchisees
- Financing available to cover 65% to 75% of the project cost
- Nationwide service and parts distribution
- Assistance with store layouts and marketing
- Population demographics analysis
- The only washers on the market with the AWS (Automatic Weighing System)
- Only dryer on the market with Eco Power
Disclaimer: This franchising information is not intended as an offer to sell a franchise or the solicitation of an offer to buy a franchise. Certain states regulate the offer and sale of franchises. If you are a resident of one of these states we will not offer or sell you a franchise unless and until we have complied with the applicable presale filing, registration, and disclosure requirements in your state.
WaveMAX® “Secret Sauce”
As cliché as it is, location, location, location is obviously number one. We have developed our own proprietary approach to discerning the best possible real estate play for our locations.
I normally don’t use a coin laundry, but this was way faster than the hotel’s machines. I made the mistake and picked what must be a machine for 50lbs of laundry ($10 to wash a load with extra rinse/deep soil). I thought I had too much for the smaller machines, but I could have still fit a king-sized comforter or two with all my clothes. The dryers were amazing….only about $2.50 to dry a big load between three machines. There is a Subway next door and the wash was just about done after eating a sub. The drying was done in less than 30 mins.
My new favorite place to do my laundry. Today was my first visit. I saved not only over 50% in my laundry cost, it took what normally would of been a day at the laundromat only a couple of hours. You won me over today as a new customer.
Hands down the best place in Jacksonville to do your laundry!!!
Self-Serve Laundry Machines
We offer our customers the choice of doing their own laundry or utilizing our wash-dry-fold service. If you choose to do your own laundry, we have:
30 Electrolux Washers. They range from 20lb. to 77lb. machines. All are front loading and all operate the same way.
30 Electrolux Dryers. You can use your 30lb or 45lb dryer pockets. Remember, they are always HOT!
Our Equipment Sets Us Apart
As a result of many years of research, we have found the best equipment on the market!
Our washers will automatically weigh your clothes and use the precise amount of water required for the best possible wash. (Our washers are the only machines on the market with this feature) They also extract at 200G Force. (Most machines are 80G to 100G). This provides a much cleaner wash and reduces your dry time. New 450G Washers are now available as well!
Eco Power: We have the only dryers on the market that have a built in sensor that determines the “dryness” of the clothes. As the clothes dry, the dryers automatically adjusts the temperature for optimum drying. This saves the clothes from being scorched and helps the gas bill.
Dryer Reversing: Our dryers will reverse themselves during their cycle. This keeps the clothes free from being tangled up. This feature allows the clothes to dry faster. (Free clothes are happy clothes!) The clothes also have fewer wrinkles.
Eco Power and dryer reversing allow for the best energy savings in the industry.
Our Financial Model
Based on our 3,000 square foot Jacksonville location
|Vending Machine||$ 10,498.00|
|Washer/Dryer Machine Revenue||$ 320,590.00|
|Total Revenue||$ 428,959.00|
|Advertising and Promotion||$ 4,407.00|
|Bank Service Charges||$ 158.00|
|Insurance Expense||$ 7,621.00|
|Licenses and Permits||$ 293.89|
|Misc. Expense||$ 10.00|
|Office Supplies||$ 343.00|
|Payroll Expenses||$ 82,965.00|
|Professional Fees||$ 932.00|
|Rent Expense||$ 52,058.00|
|Repairs and Maintenance||$ 5,903.00|
|Security Expense||$ 937.00|
|Supplies Expense||$ 13,279.00|
|Total Costs||$ 221,605.00|
|Net Cash Flow before Royalties||$ 207,354.00|
|Royalties 6% of Self-Serve and WDF*||$ 25,107.30|
|Net Cash Flow- no financing||$ 182,246.70|
|Cost if 100% financing of equipment (approx. $5,200/ month)||$ 62,268.00|
|Net Cash Flow with 100% equipment financing||$ 119,978.70|
|*Net royalty is 6% as we do not charge royalty on WDF, ATM, and vending revenue.|
The minimum franchise fee is First Unit $49,950.00, Second Unit $24,950.00, Third and Subsequent Units Paid in Advance $19,950.00
- The business professional looking for a multi-unit, absentee business model!
- Business management skills
- $200,000 in liquid assets
- $400,000 net worth
- Good credit rating
- 2,000–3,500 sq ft for the laundromat location
- Trade Area: Urban areas with dense population
3 days Corporate location, 2 days at franchisee location. We cover all of the operational and technical aspects of operating the business.
Laundrylux financing package – typically available for 65% to 75% of the project cost
Disclaimer: See important disclosures and qualifications in Item 19 of our Franchise Disclosure Document. Your actual results may vary.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ideally, we are looking for individuals who have experience in the business world and who know what it takes to be successful.
This will include the following:
- ability to develop and execute a business plan.
- an entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to work hard and achieve results.
- someone who wants to be part of a franchise team.
- ability to manage finances including an understanding of business financial statements.
- an acceptable credit history.
- sufficient assets to invest in and maintain the business
It should be between 2000 and 4000 sq. ft.
Most likely you’ll start with 3-4 part time attendants.
We will give you profiles for the type of people you need to hire. We have a full section covering staffing in the operations manual. There are job descriptions, roles & responsibilities and even sample employments ads.
Monday—Sunday, 7:00 AM — 10:00 PM
Typically start employees at min wage. Or, min wage plus $1. They also get 5% of the WDF (wash, dry, fold) ticket and all tips.
We have 2 full time employees that have been with us for 4 years. The 2 part time employees have been with us 6 months
77% self-serve laundry, 23% WDF
The vast majority of the customers are repeat. In fact, we have some that have been coming since the week we opened (we still see our 1st customer)
Franchise Award Process
- Conduct introduction overview call. Complete our questionnaire.
- Review the franchise disclosure document.
- Attend validation calls with current franchisees.
- Schedule discovery day visit.
- Receive franchise approval, begin business launch project.
Become a Franchisee
We are looking for business partners. Not someone who is looking at opening a store and bleeding it dry. We want our owners to take pride in their investment like we have done at the Corporate store. (We never get tired of hearing how clean and professional our store is compared to the rest of our competitors) A clean, safe, and fully attended store maximizes the store’s potential and makes it a destination within its market.
This industry is known for old, tired, dirty “ZOMBIEMATS.” We want Franchise Partners that will faithfully maintain our brand!