Exclusive Feature at WaveMAX:
Sanitize your washer before use:
WaveMAX is the only laundromat where you can SANITIZE the washers before use! This is an exclusive feature to WaveMAX. Ask the attendants about this feature on all of our washers!
How to sanitize the washers:
- Before you place the clothes into the washers, turn the knob to SANATIZE
- Close the washer door and start the washer (You can also add 1/2 cup of bleach to the cycle for added protection)
- Wait 2 minutes for the machine to process through the SANATIZE cycle
- Open the door and place your clothes into the washer
- Choose your wash cycle and wash your clothes like normal
Disinfecting the laundry:
Transmission of most viruses and bacteria is from person to person or contact with body fluids and it is believed that transmission from inanimate objects, such as clothing, is extremely rare. Normal laundry procedures should be using hot water (100 F or above), and a high heat machine drying cycle. These steps kill any virus in question, even the AIDS virus.
To kill the germs in your laundry, wash your clothes on the hot cycle, then put everything in the dryer for 45 minutes. Wash whites with bleach, and use peroxide or color-safe bleach for colors. Do your laundry in water that’s at least 104 F to kill any viruses or bacteria. (Note: the hot cycle in WaveMAX Stores is 120 F and the dryers reach 150 F.)
Remember, if clothes are moist — think sweaty gym clothes — germs may breed in the hamper.